The president of the women’s cooperative, Annamaa, which we founded with non-profit Nest and Les Aromes Du Maroc, Saadia is an agent of change within her community; a flower harvester, a micro-entrepreneur, a friend, a mum, a role model. It was a delight to speak to her about her job and her hopes.
1. How long have you been harvesting flowers from the region?
I started work in the region at a young age, so I have been working more than 20+ years.
2. Did you have any other jobs prior to flower harvesting?
My first job was working on a fruit farm.
3. What is your role in the cooperative?
I am cooperative president. The president does everything, manages the work, women. I also travel for shows and sales.
4. What is the best part of your job?
I like to learn something new. It's good to do all aspects of what need doing, to always be learning.
5. Tell us about your hopes for your children?
I am a single mother and have one daughter who is 18 and my hope is that she is happy in her life. I would like her to finish school and to do something she likes to do.
6. Which flower is your favorite? And why?